Powered By Blogger

Friday 3 June 2011

Day 34 - small adjustments

 Photo by Michael S. Wright

There are lessons I know, yet when I experience them in my body they sink deeper. When we were practicing balancing poses in yoga class this afternoon, I realized that my spine was sinking forward somewhat. I lengthened my upper body, remembered to engage my stomach and opened my chest from the sternum. They were all tiny movements, imperceptible from the outside, but the pose suddenly felt completely different. Five minutes later, I found myself feeling a little smug and proud about my balancing poses. Immediately, I lost my balance, which nearly caused me to laugh at myself out loud.

I learn again, and again that all I have is the practice, this moment. If I am present, I might be able to know what tiny adjustments are needed for completely new possibilities to emerge.

No comments: